I have over 20 years of experience in a series of diverse accounting roles, including 8 years of experience as a full-charge bookkeeper, 9+ years of experience as staff accountant and 5 years of experience as a corporate accountant to help companies of all types and sizes. Throughout my professional career, I have developed extensive bookkeeping/ accounting skills from working as a corporate accountant at public companies, startups businesses, and as a bookkeeper for several companies including at CPA firms. These skills, experience and expertise allow me to offer reliable accounting and bookkeeping services, business consulting and variance analysis services to many clients.
I am a self-starter and excel at account reconciliations, A/P, A/R, financial reports, month end closing, yearend closing, cost control, sales & use tax filing, and complete payroll process which brings value to any company I work with. Through my accounting knowledge and expertise to build and maintain a simple, accurate, and easy-to-understand bookkeeping system so you can focus on your business.
I can process full accounting functions utilizing QuickBooks and many other integrated 3rd party applications. If you are looking for a part-time bookkeeper/ accountant or controller to help you with all aspects of your business accounting, you have found the right person! I value my relationships with my clients and glad to see their businesses growing. I am readily available to my clients via text or phone call and very responsive.
- Creating invoicing/ billing and apply payments. Follow up with outstanding invoices.
- Accomplishing, as applicable, accounting process including posting entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis.
- Preparation of financial statements including Balance Sheets, Income Statements, General Ledger, Trial Balance, and other special reports as requested.
- Review, update, and maintain accurate accounting records to ensure the effectiveness of the system’s internal controls.
- Interpret and apply accounting rules and regulations (GAAP, Cash vs Accrual etc.) on a variety of accounting activities.
- Review, analyze, verify and/or reconcile, revenue, expenses, fixed asset details, A/R, A/P, accrued expenses, deferred revenue in the general ledger.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements for multiple entities by gathering and analyzing information from the multiple QuickBooks files for tax purposes or internal reporting analysis.
- Assist and recommend with record keeping both electronically as well paper filing.
- For A/E/C industry & General Contractor: Overhead rate calculation, job costing, managing timesheet, payroll and billing process.
- Participate in the development and support the company’s financial strategic plan.
I've been awarded many advanced and specialized certifications in QuickBooks from Intuit and have experience working with companies in many industries with all versions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online(QBO), Pro, Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Clean up, organize, and customize your QuickBooks system.
- QuickBooks set up; Create industry-specific chart of accounts with GL Codes, products and services, classes, custom invoice template, PO and sales orders.
- Make sure Financial Reports properly reflect the cost of goods sold (COGS) refers to the cost of producing an item or service sold by a company.
- Categorize and match online bank transactions in QuickBooks to keep the system from double-dipping from the bank feed, for example; match deposits to the received payment that is already in the register. Doing so will record the amount in the correct account and prevent the discrepancies.
- Setup and track project costing, job costing, for general contractor or A/E/C firm to streamline bid proposals, estimate etc. Also assist in overhead rate calculation, multiplyer, time-sheet management and billing.
- While working together, I've helped many business owners and co-workers become more self-sufficient in using QuickBooks for everyday tasks.
- Assist in switching payroll - all employee data import via Excel/ CSV in QuickBooks is a great way to get set up and running quickly.
My Accounting/ Bookkeeping jobs history is listed below:
- Eyedetc Medical, Inc., Manufacturer of Eye Products Treatments, Danville - Bookkeeper: (2 day/ month): 2014-present
- Indie Ink Solutions, Manufacturer of Retail Print & Packaging Specialists, San Ramon - Bookkeeper: (1 day/ week): 2019-present
- Uptime USA, Computer and Technology - Accountant (1-2 day/ month): 2012-present
- Kim & Ahn Accountancy Corporation., CPA Office, Hayward - Bookkeeper: (on call basis): 2006 - present
- Castro Valley Health Inc. and Affiliated Entities, San Ramon - Controller: 2008 - 2020
- Star CPR / Annuvia LLC, San Francisco – Retail and Wholesale of Medical Equipment, Software and Subscription for Healthcare Industry– Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ week): 2009 – 2014
- Alta Vista Solution Inc.,Oakland, A/E/C firm provides solutions through Engineering, Inspection, Infrastructure Services, Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ week): 2010-2013
- MacDonald-Bedford LLC (M-B), A/E/C firm, Alameda – Sr. Accountant (1-2 day/ week): 2011-2012
- Brady Construction Inc. San Francisco, Repair, Building and Remodeling - Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ month): 2009-2013
- Partnership Reporting Services & several Affiliated Entities, San Francisco, Private Owned Commercial and Residential Real Estate Investment Company, including Hotel Oakland - Controller (1 day/week): 2009-2016
- Alameda County Health Care Foundation (nonprofit), Oakland - Staff Accountant: (3 day/ week): 2005- 2008
- Leo's Pharmacies, Oakalnd - Bookkeeper: 2000-2005