Zeb is the owner and founder of Streamline bookkeeping with over 20 years of full-charge bookkeeping & accounting experience. Throughout his professional career, he has developed extensive bookkeeping and accounting skills from working as corporate accountant at public companies, as a bookkeeper for small businesses including CPA firms. These skills, experience and expertise allow him to offer reliable accounting and bookkeeping services, business consulting and variance analysis services.
Zeb holds a degree in business administration with emphasis in accounting. Zeb is Certified Public Bookkeeper and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor of all editions (highly proficient in proper use of QuickBooks). Zeb is a formal Enrolled Agent (inactive now).
Zeb, who by nature is a bookkeeper, seizes any chance to plan and streamline processes. He is a process improvement seeker, issue solver, and planner who is constantly growing and learning.
Zeb is proud of the business relationship with his clients. Business owners, corporations, and small companies from a variety of sectors, including, to name a few, A/E/C firms, home builders, general contractors, real estate investors, healthcare, retail, hotel, restaurant, e-commerce, and non-profit organizations, all place their trust in us.
As Streamline Bookkeeping practice grew, Zeb felt the client’s needs and collaborated with his bookkeepers’ colleagues who they know and worked together with for years. At Streamline bookkeeping the staff and managing partners are fully experienced and expert in the bookkeeping and accounting field.
- Creating invoicing/ billing and apply payments. Follow up with outstanding invoices.
- Accomplishing, as applicable, accounting process including posting entries, closing the books monthly as well as preparing financial reporting and analysis.
- Preparation of financial statements including Balance Sheets, Income Statements, General Ledger, Trial Balance, and other special reports as requested.
- Review, update, and maintain accurate accounting records to ensure the effectiveness of the system’s internal controls.
- Interpret and apply accounting rules and regulations (GAAP, Cash vs Accrual etc.) on a variety of accounting activities.
- Review, analyze, verify and/or reconcile, revenue, expenses, fixed asset details, A/R, A/P, accrued expenses, deferred revenue in the general ledger.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements for multiple entities by gathering and analyzing information from the multiple QuickBooks files for tax purposes or internal reporting analysis.
- Assist and recommend with record keeping both electronically as well paper filing.
- For A/E/C industry & General Contractor: Overhead rate calculation, job costing, managing timesheet, payroll and billing process.
- Participate in the development and support the company’s financial strategic plan.
I've been awarded many advanced and specialized certifications in QuickBooks from Intuit and have experience working with companies in many industries with all versions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Online(QBO), Pro, Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Clean up, organize, and customize your QuickBooks system.
- QuickBooks set up; Create industry-specific chart of accounts with GL Codes, products and services, classes, custom invoice template, PO and sales orders.
- Make sure Financial Reports properly reflect the cost of goods sold (COGS) refers to the cost of producing an item or service sold by a company.
- Categorize and match online bank transactions in QuickBooks to keep the system from double-dipping from the bank feed, for example; match deposits to the received payment that is already in the register. Doing so will record the amount in the correct account and prevent the discrepancies.
- Setup and track project costing, job costing, for general contractor or A/E/C firm to streamline bid proposals, estimate etc. Also assist in overhead rate calculation, multiplyer, time-sheet management and billing.
- While working together, I've helped many business owners and co-workers become more self-sufficient in using QuickBooks for everyday tasks.
- Assist in switching payroll - all employee data import via Excel/ CSV in QuickBooks is a great way to get set up and running quickly.
My Accounting/ Bookkeeping jobs history is listed below:
- Eyedetc Medical, Inc., Manufacturer of Eye Products Treatments, Danville - Bookkeeper: (2 day/ month): 2014-present
- Indie Ink Solutions, Manufacturer of Retail Print & Packaging Specialists, San Ramon - Bookkeeper: (1 day/ week): 2019-present
- Uptime USA, Computer and Technology - Accountant (1-2 day/ month): 2012-present
- Kim & Ahn Accountancy Corporation., CPA Office, Hayward - Bookkeeper: (on call basis): 2006 - present
- Castro Valley Health Inc. and Affiliated Entities, San Ramon - Controller: 2008 - 2020
- Star CPR / Annuvia LLC, San Francisco – Retail and Wholesale of Medical Equipment, Software and Subscription for Healthcare Industry– Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ week): 2009 – 2014
- Alta Vista Solution Inc.,Oakland, A/E/C firm provides solutions through Engineering, Inspection, Infrastructure Services, Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ week): 2010-2013
- MacDonald-Bedford LLC (M-B), A/E/C firm, Alameda – Sr. Accountant (1-2 day/ week): 2011-2012
- Brady Construction Inc. San Francisco, Repair, Building and Remodeling - Bookkeeper (1-2 day/ month): 2009-2013
- Partnership Reporting Services & several Affiliated Entities, San Francisco, Private Owned Commercial and Residential Real Estate Investment Company, including Hotel Oakland - Controller (1 day/week): 2009-2016
- Alameda County Health Care Foundation (nonprofit), Oakland - Staff Accountant: (3 day/ week): 2005- 2008
- Leo's Pharmacies, Oakalnd - Bookkeeper: 2000-2005